By registering for any course at the FAT Village Center for the Arts, students acknowledge an understanding of and agree to the policies listed below:
Make-up Class Policy
1. Registering for a 10-week session insures you10 consecutive classes during the respective session. A 5-week session insures you 5 consecutive classes. If you choose not to attend a class that is your prerogative.
2. Purchasing a coupon book (only available in 10-week books to active members). Allow you to attend the class at will, good for 1yr from date of purchase for a small surcharge.
3. If a Faculty member is unable to teach a class, there will be a make-up class during the same session. No make-up classes will extend into the next session.
4. Consideration for extenuating circumstances will only be considered for members.
We have remained flexible with students missing classes and allowing for make-up classes. Too many students have taken advantage of our generosity, and it has become unfair to students who purchase coupon books.
As a registered student or parent of a minor student, attending an event or generally being within the property of the FAT Village Center for the Arts, you hereby grant permission for the Center to use any photographs of you individually or in a group, as well as any work that you or your child produces for use in publications, advertising, social media and any other purpose or medium without restriction.
Class Commencement and Attendance
• Missing classes is at the discretion of the student, no prorated discount or makeup classes are offered for missed classes. There will be no refunds or credits given for a student’s failure to attend a course in whole or in part, nor are there any makeup classes for any reason.
• Courses are subject to cancellation based on enrollment.
• Should the course you are enrolled in be cancelled or combined, you will be notified with the option to switch to another course or cancel your registration.
• If a course is canceled, you will have the option of course credit or a refund.
• Should you decide to switch to another course, you will be responsible for any applicable fees (model) and subject to the Cancellation policy.
• We reserve the right to change instructors based on unexpected schedule changes.
• In the event that an instructor is unable to attend class, we will do our best to schedule a substitute instructor. If no substitute instructor is available, a make-up class will be scheduled during the next class.
Student Cancellations and Refunds
• All other requests will be reviewed; if approved, a prorated refund will be issued for the classes attended, subject to a $50.00 cancelation fee.
• The FAT Village Center for the Arts will not assume liability for injuries that occur within the scope of the subject area for which the student is enrolled. By registering for any course, the student assumes all reasonable liability from injuries related to the scope of the coursework being taught and releases the FAT Village Center for the Arts from any liability claims related to any injuries and/or accidents that may or may not occur. The student can be assured that every reasonable safety precaution will be followed. The FAT Village Center for the Arts is not responsible for any artwork or personal items lost or stolen in the classrooms or storage.
- Glass art uses cutting, fusing and slumping techniques that can produce sharp edges on glass pieces. Students should be aware that they may get cut on occasion and should use all safety precautions.
Notice Of Nondiscriminatory Policy As To Students
- The Fat Village Center for the Arts admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other school-administered programs.